How will you tell your story? | Heirloom Albums
Will your digital files sit on a hard drive forever, because you never had time to print them? If you do print them, will they ever make it into an album or just land in a box in the attic? Many of us abandoned the traditional album with sleeves of 4×6’s when we entered the era of digital photographs. Many of us have phones and memory cards filled with image files that never make it into any tangible form. But how may times have you found yourself getting lost flipping through albums from your childhood or of your parents growing up. We all need to be better about making sure future generations experience this too. I often say, the pictures you take today are important to you, but they are more important to people you love or to people who don’t even exist yet.
More than any other product I offer, Heirloom Albums are my absolute favorite. I think you’ll love them too. Here’s why:
- We can tell the whole story. Albums are so much more than just a single photograph that shows a finite moment in time. It’s a collection of images that present a clearer and more authentic picture of your family.
- Fewer tough decisions. Having a hard time narrowing down the images you want to print? Not sure you have enough wall or desk space to display them? We can comfortably include around 30 images in a 10×10, 20 page album (more for bigger albums), so you do’t have to make difficult choices about which images to leave behind.
- The time consuming design work is done for you. I’ll create your album using your favorite images from your gallery and will present your design on my online album proofing site. There, you can request changes or approve the album to release to the lab. Really, it couldn’t be easier, and you won’t be spending hours at your computer.
- The images are the hero. Many consumer photo books use scrapbook like graphics and busy pages. My designs are clean and simple and let your family’s images take center stage.
- Unsurpassed quality. Unlike a photobook you might order from your consumer lab (usually with questionable color quality), your images are printed on the same professional photographic paper and by the same lab as my prints, and then seamlessly adhered to sturdy pages.
- Gorgeous materials. You’ll have a choice of standard or pearlescent leather or linen for your cover, available in a wide variety of colors. Custom image covers are also available for a small additional design fee.
Once we release your album to the lab, in about ten days you’ll have an heirloom piece that will stand the test of time and will be treasured and handed down through generations.
If you’d like to flip through some samples or look at cover swatches, just let me know and I’ll bring them to your session, or we can get together afterwards so that you can take a look. In the meantime, you can view a 20 page album here, by clicking your arrow keys. Further down the page, you’ll find the choices for linen and leather covers.
Cristen Farrell is a family and child portrait and lifestyle photographer serving the Andover and Merrimack Valley area as well as Boston and its surrounding suburbs. Please get in touch if you would like to schedule a session, don’t forget to visit Cristen Farrell Photography on Facebook and like my page to see new work and be among the first to learn about special promotions. You can also follow my Instagram feed as well.